I’m breaking the rules. I’m sharing something pumpkin-spiced in the summer. Gasp!
All of our attention and use of pumpkins goes to the fall. I am granting permission to use pumpkin all year round. Hip-hip-hooray.
Here is a pumpkin spice “cheese”cake to satisfy your withdrawal without the cold weather and without the dairy.
Pumpkin Spice "Cheese"cake
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup carrot juice
- 2-3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2-1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1-2 tbsp vanilla
- 4-5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 inch knob of fresh ginger
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup coconut, shredded and unsweetened
- 6 medjool dates
- Pinch of pink salt
- Blend all of the crust ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Press crust into springform pan or pie plate.
- Blend all of the cake ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Pour blended pumpkin spice ingredients over top.
- Put in freezer for a couple of hours.
- Top with whipped coconut topping by So Delicious.
- Set in freezer over night.
- If using a regular blender soak your cashews in water overnight.
- This crust recipe is SO versatile. Use it in all of your pies and cakes. It is the bomb.
Jessica Stopard http://jessicastopard.com/